Monday, June 26, 2017

It's My Birthday and I'll Blog if I Want to

Hi y'all! I can't tell you how happy I am with the name change!

Whew! What a refreshing new view it is.



But enough about that. Let's talk writing. You remember my last post, Hello World, where I confessed to not writing for a year because of really stupid fears and insecurities? And how I promised I was writing  Evade (SEEK Book 2) again?

Search (SEEK Book 1)


Well, wow! I wasn't lying. When I wrote that post a month ago I had just begun [my ninth attempt at] writing [it] and I had maybe six thousand words (not much). Well...I finished my rough draft a week ago at fifty-eight thousand words.

I kicked NaNoWriMo's ass!!!!!!



Fastest I've ever written and I'm not a slow writer (when I know what the hell I want to say!).

I'm just beginning the second week of my two-week break from the manuscript (If you don't do this, you should! I highly recommend everyone walk away from their book between each revision.), but I am so excited to get back to it. It's like my brain was writing all along and it's just busting with all of the things I wouldn't let it say.



Sorry brain.



So, next Sunday I'm going to begin the revision process -- YIKES, wish me luck, that first glimpse of slop can be terrifyingly intimidating -- and I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Coming up: I'm writing another The Writer's Maze post about my recent triumphant return to writing.


Until then, lot's of love and smiles. Keep writing!

The Teenybooker

No comments:

Post a Comment